• China-state
  • China-state
  • China-state

North Ossetia State Medical Academy is the center of higher medical and pharmaceutical education in Vladikavkaz region of Noth Ossetia. Every year North Ossetian State Medical Academy trains more than 3000 students. North Ossetia State Medical Academy was established in 1939 in the Vladikavkaz city  (formerly known Ordzhonikidze) as North Ossetia Medical Institute. In 1942 the medical institute was moved to Yerevan city due to World War II and in 1943 the institute was transferred  back to Vladikavkaz. In 1974 North Ossetia Medical Institute opened the faculty of pediatrics. 1988 North Ossetia Medical Institute introduced the faculty of advance medicine. In 1993 North Ossetia Medical Institute organized the dental faculty. In 1995  North Ossetia Medical Institute received the status of medical academy. Over the past decade North Ossetia State Medical Academy staff has received more than 66 patents, registered more than 100 innovations and published 3220 scientific papers. Today North Ossetia State Medical Academy has 7 faculties, 39 departments with 470 doctoros and professors, private clinics, Central Research Laboratory, psychological and educational services, centers of practical training and testing, a modern library with electronic reading room and 21 computer classes. Till now 14300 students has been tained in North Ossetia State Medical Academy.